lanterns in a state of decay

lanterns in a state of decay

stars go supernova

I'm a fast-forward wreck with my head in the sane. Grainy visions overlaid on my eyelids, set the layer to burn. Eyes like telescopes, each layer magnifying a new detail. Watch a grain of sand, miss the whole damn beach. I grew up familiar with the ocean but now it terrifies me. I'm scared the only emotion I know how to feel sometimes is fear. A feature-length film etched into my corneas, but I never have the right words. Castaway all hesitation.

I've got stardust in my veins. Not in a cosmic, "fated-to-be" way, but in the way stars sometimes go supernova.

This blood doesn't feel right. Using light from the door to read at night, wishing my hair was shorter and I was bright. Your parents just have the worst luck. Better cover it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Going On?

All Things Holy

You say God simply approves When you condemn the dead Do you think he'll approve When you condemn in his stead You take what you're ...

local hits