lanterns in a state of decay

lanterns in a state of decay

tag is killin' all the kids

I could never be what you really wanted from me, nice try kid. It's the sound of the empty, full of all that you have been. Sound the alarm in the hallway (all afraid of a new day). Under the covers I'll hide from monsters, a monster, of my own making, you can't stop me, I'm always taking and stealing, you know I can't be bought. Now I'm wrought with the rot, wish God would take the shot. Seasons never change like I do, some want hell freezing over, some like it hot. Big man with a shotgun, fire a blank at the sun. I am animal, now tell me how to just dance. Now do a two-step, I'm two steps from the ledge. Strike me like a sparkler near a matchbox, twenty years later I'm still seeing red. Show us incredible, you mystery we'll know. Misremembering man is miserable, bleed the memory dry so it can finally die, a dying breed of memory, don't like change don't like temporary. Stars are forever, make us all miracles, but nothing lasts for ever-y one to be last one out, tag is killin' all the kids from runnin', sprintin', straight into the forest or the lake. Can't see the trees for all the blood, dripping from his knees, flood warning, pray for us please. Success is secondary, don't give the KILLER what he wants. All he wants is to feast. On my flesh, over my grave, I'm dying again. Now I'm haunting hallways, falling down wells, falling forever, 'till ground makes impact with my head. Collecting change in a wishing well, I wish you well. No dollars in my pocket for fishing, you know damn well I'm some poster boy for who not to be. No one asks "poster boy, are you free" instead of "poster boy, are you diseased". Branches made of danger, little kid you better run, but be sure to watch your back, there's a million animals with bullets and they all wanna fight back. Don't you wanna make it to see the sun? I can't speak for the ones who made me but I wish I had never been made. Test tube guinea pig sacrifice under blade to see how he bleeds all the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Going On?

All Things Holy

You say God simply approves When you condemn the dead Do you think he'll approve When you condemn in his stead You take what you're ...

local hits