lanterns in a state of decay

lanterns in a state of decay

eyes too wide

No more reminders of breaking hearts. Jumpstart the ending, skipping scenes like skipping past channels. Not a single drop of empathy for my broken tv, white static is all I see and hear. I could be what you deserve but not really. It wouldn't be me, just a pale imitation growing paler. I'm just the ghost of who you thought I was. Nausea overtake me, heartbeats quickening out of sync. Change the channel again. Put your hands on the dial, I'm craving for it. Please say you're on the same wavelength. Merge with me. I don't want to speak. Full body contact couldn't save me if it tried. I'd love to drown in the weight, the pressure. Setting my bones back into my body. You could make this all go away. What we need isn't always good for us, and I'm chasing away the hollow like I'm chasing an addiction. Eyes too wide. Stop staring, you're freaking everyone out. I'm sorry, I forgot how to close my eyes. I'm sorry, I can't look away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Going On?

All Things Holy

You say God simply approves When you condemn the dead Do you think he'll approve When you condemn in his stead You take what you're ...

local hits