lanterns in a state of decay

lanterns in a state of decay

I'll be rain, pouring one out

Rain is seen as dreary, sad, and depressing; associated with sadness, but I revel in it. Rain reminds me I'm free. It reminds me I'm alive. It washes away chalky mistakes on sidewalks and guilty sins from my body. I want to feel my clothes cling to my skeleton like a second skin, laden with God's tears and a promise to make me clean. Thunder is the rock-and-roll of the skies, a warning and each boom feels like a bomb dropped. Lightning is the search party's flashlight aiming your way for a split second, electrifying hope that you'll be found. Some people hate the rain. I want to listen to it until I forget what it's like to hear my name, to hear anything other than the pitter-patter of the windowpane. There's comfort in knowing we all return to the earth when we die. I'll be rain, pouring one out for all the lost souls and playing music as loud as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Going On?

All Things Holy

You say God simply approves When you condemn the dead Do you think he'll approve When you condemn in his stead You take what you're ...

local hits